Friday, September 25, 2009

Working ISn't S0 Bad @ aLL =p

Almost there..almost!

Huh, yeah, I’m working for almost 3 months now!

Feels good to earn money from my own sweat!! I know how hard it is to work when compares to studying. This are my first job after graduate from Uni and I am so blessed because I managed to get a job exactly on what I’ve studied b4!!! MARKETING!!

I thank GOD for this job/position though it is more likely to be a man’s job. Frankly speaking I have no idea on what to do after this company offered me this job. I tell ya, knowledge is as far as the east from west when compared to practical thing.

From the very beginning, I knew that by God’s grace that I managed to get this job. As I went to work on 1st day, all that I have is ‘CONFIDENCE’ and ‘DETERMINATION’ to learn/work. It WORKS on me!

Here my first assignment comes. I was directed to meet with one of the richest businessman in Miri. I was like so many of you out there who lacks of confidence and afraid of failure. But determination forced me to leave behind all my worries. I must not let anything stop me from performing well on this task given. After ‘strategizing’ my plan, I made a telephone call to this ‘man’ and started talking to him confidently. Praise GOD! The result was SUPERB!! He is willing to see me with only that one attempt of telephone call. I jumped up and down!! Unbelievable!!!

So the following day, I called him up to arrange for an appointment. He told me the details and here I am facing another ‘giant’ in front of me. This is another story, to talk to somebody on the phone are not as terrifying as meeting somebody face to face. I can’t avoid from meeting people since this is my job – what I’ve studied -. I told myself GO FOR IT. My superior told me this, ‘ the worse thing that can happen to you is when he rejected your product’. I kept this in mind and met him. Btw, meeting people like him requires boldness and courage. I kept telling myself, I CAN DO IT!!

So, I went to his office. Know what??? Nobody cares or entertain me at the first place. I felt horrible!!! He was late and I was told by this one lady to wait at the company’s lobby area. Worse come to worst when the air condition is not working at all. I was sweating but still pretending to be alright and still putting my make-up of confidence, determination and courage though deep inside my heart I’m weeping and wanted to give up. Somebody help me!!! Thereafter, another lady saw me then asked what I am doing there. Poor thing!! Then I told her I am so and so then she felt sorry for the whole thing. She invited me to come to the main office while waiting for her manager to arrive. Oh thank GOD for her kindness!! I felt much better but still very uneasy while waiting.

After waiting for more than half and hour he came. BOOOMM…Everything went so fast and I couldn’t recall exactly what happened. I mean the conversation and etc. I’m breathing but hardly breathe. What I know, he said, ‘Ok, I will get this and this from your company’. And one question he asked me, ‘Why do you want to do this kind of job? Isn’t this a man’s job?’. Within a second I answered him, ‘Because I studied marketing’. Poor answer but he accepted it by telling me that his daughter is doing so.

From then on, my confidence sky rocketed and like what my superior told me, if I am able to tackle this man, I shouldn't have problems dealing with rest of the businessman/contractor. Now, in someway it could be true but not in every way.

I thank God that for almost 3 months working as Executive Sales God has been helpful, gracious, faithful and good to me.

Obviously, ever since I joined the company, I am getting darker day by day. But I found one thing; this job makes me feel like a bird. Haha…flying and freedom is on my hand!!

I am hoping to build my career in this company though it seems to be too soon to decide. Hehe…See how it goes!!

Working isn’t so bad at all!!! =)

3 comments:

Ryan said...

hey i like your post..it was interesting.Now you are worrying about your skin.Last time you were worrying about you getting fat..haha just kiding..Thus do u still go for jogging.take care.Hope you will be good than this in your job..Well Done..

CheaYee said...

Hei Hei...
I studied early childhood and i am doing sales!!

What you think then la?

I've learnt a lot about the business (at least from a malaysian perspective).

But ganbateh- move on- and pray hard-- at least u have more confidence than me when i started out. So all's good. ^^

elsey akop said...

Ryan : hey thanks for reading..haha..ya i couldn't be bother about my skin now, i am getting darker for sure..s long s i am in tis field =)

CY : haha..some ppl are born with the business minded..esp the chinese.. =) u r one of them..