Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The More The Merrier - From 1 to 2 kids

It has been years this blog hasn't been updated. Honestly, I had completely forgotten about my blog until my friend mentioned it. Guilty as charge! Ohh, how long has it been since my last posting? She was encouraging me to write again. At first I was reluctant because I have 2 kids to take care off. But I shouldn't make it as an excuse right as so many mommies out there still have plenty of time blogging. Hopefully, I could find some time to write about how's life has been for me especially on my journey as a full time housewife. 3 months ago, my life as a mother was being upgraded. From 1 daughter, now I have 1 more son. Definitely, life will become more interesting and thrilling.

Honestly, when I was in my early 20s it was never came across my mind to become a SHOM  (staying at home mom) but before I got married I had the idea of taking care my own kids at least for 2 years. So I did. I resigned from my job to become a full time house wife. It wasn't an easy journey. You will understand me if you have kids. Sleepless night, dirty diapers, messy house and etc... 

I thought to myself that I wish I didn't quit my job and I was planning to return to work again as soon as possible after my 1st born turned 1 year old. But God has a different plan. I got pregnant again when my daughter turn 14 months. I didn't complaint however I was worried if I could manage to take care of my daughter and myself during pregnancy. My focused was on the morning sickness and all because I had a very bad morning sickness throughout my first pregnancy. Nevertheless, i thank God that I survived! HALLELUJAH!! I didn't have bad morning sickness. I craved for certain food and feeling fatigued at times. It was a smooth sailing pregnancy. During my  28th weeks of pregnancy sugar level checked up, I was diagnosed with GDM however everything still under control. 

God was with me throughout the second pregnancy journey. He is faithful. I was praying for a normal labor. My gynea has pre informed me that I may need to do induce labor again. Oh no..The reason was I had GDM and my baby size could be bigger. The doctor gave us options to choose the date or wait until 39 weeks (not more than 40 weeks). When my husband and I were talking about it , at first we were excited to choose the same date as my first born. However, after much thought and prayer we decided to wait upon the Lord's timing and surrender it all to God. We still hoping that the baby will choose to come out on the 15th May 2017. I was hoping and praying that I don't have to go through induce labor because the pain was super painful. Thank God it was a fast labor. 

On 13th May 2017, I had some bleeding. We were so happy because this was one of the symptoms of labor. So we went to see my gynea. Nevertheless, when the gynea checked they was no opening and he said , maybe in 1 or 2 days time. So, we became even more excited to wait for the arrivals of our second baby on the 15th May. At 4am , early morning on the 14th May, I had minor contractions. I go tstarted to count the contractions interval using apps. The interval wasn't consistent between 20  min to 10 min for each contractions. So, when we informed my gynea ,he said probably I will give birth the next day which is on the 15th. We thought how wonderful it will be to celebrate both of our children birthday party and save cost!

To cut the long story short, at 8pm the contractions I felt are getting intense and the interval are 5 minutes apart within 1 hour. So, my gynea asked me to come and admit into the hospital. When I got admitted, it's already 9.30pm. My gynea came and checked the opening it was already 4cm. He was still very positive that i will give birth after midnight (ehich is on the 15th May) and he said that my husband still have time  to fetch my mother from airport and come back. At 10.15pm, everyone left including my gynea. I was alone and  reading Book of Proverb while waiting. As I was reading, the contractions became more painful and the gap was closer and closer. Once I finished reading, it was 10.45pm, I called the nurse and they checked my opening it was already 8cm. That was fast. In a minute after that, my water bag burst and they brought me to the labor room. That was already 11pm and I called my husband to update him. The gynea came at 11.19pm and I gave birth at 11.19pm. It was a super fast labor and I know the pain wasn't anything like my first labor. I truly thank God for His protection. My husband came at 11.40pm. He missed the moment but we can't do anything since he wants to come out. I forgot that 14th May was a mother's Day because I was busy monitoring my contractions progress.

Now, I know God has a different plan and different thoughts. I see my baby boy as the best Mother's Day gift anyone could ever asked for. Yes. My baby was born on Mother's Day and I felt so special and privileged to become a mother to 2 kids now. We named him Evangel yet couldn't find a middle name to him until 1 hour before I gave birth , I found the name Lemuel in Proverbs 31. King Lemuel. Lemuel means devoted to God. Evangel means good news. So welcome to the world Evangel Lemuel. We love you much my son!






1 comment:

Lilian Wale said...

There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescription like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but brink back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824