Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Journey Has Just Begun

My last post was almost 1 year ago =)

Suddenly today I feel like blogging. My last post was so significant especially in my walk with God.
Since then I've learnt not to understand everything but to just trust God in everything. Wholeheartedly.

I never knew that what I've gone through last year has birthed such a faith in me to believe God for an amazing future He has prepared for me. It wasn't only last year but as I looked back I knew in my heart that everything that happened in the past few years was to prepared me for something certain.

First of all, I learnt to SURRENDER all my desire and wants including my past, present and future. Allowing Him to work through in every areas of my life. When Jesus surrendered His life on the cross He did it without holding back anything but He has given up everything for my sake. In my personal perspective of surrender it is not merely talking about giving up my own will but to TRUST God enough to handle my life - my desire and wants. In Matthew 6:10 says Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Secondly, I learnt to activate my FAITH. What is faith? In Hebrew 11: 1 says faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. I do not know what exactly lies ahead of me but I choose to have faith Jesus knowing that He has the best interest for me. He also assures me that He knows the plans He has for me, plans to give me hope and a future (Jeremiah 29 : 11).

Thirdly, I learnt to OBEY the Lord. This are the hardest part of all because I am afraid if I heard it wrongly. I am afraid if the Word that I received and the conviction in my heart wasn't from God. But it became very strong each day as time past. Of course, it took me a while to really think through and prayed through the major decision I was about to made. Yes. To come to this stage of critical decision, I need to surrender and to have faith in God then only I am able to obey the Lord. I took the step of faith and asked God for a sign. I did my part - I applied for the post and the rest I leave it to God. He opened the door and now I join as a full-time staff in serving the Lord. Looking back at it, I never regretted with the decision I've made.

Now, I see how things starts to fall into places one by one. It was amazing how one decision made has brought me into something I could never imagine but I know it was a dream come true which I had surrendered earlier on to Him. My heart desire, I just want His perfect will to be done in my life which are the purpose I am predestined for...way before I was formed in my mother's womb (Jeremiah 1:5).

I am excited because this journey has just begun... ^_^




No comments: